Whatever happened to leaving on April 12th? I have been asking myself the same thing. Actually, I have been asking many questions!
It all started when I went to the optometrist to get new glasses! I wanted to be styling when I arrived at the Belizean airport, you know. During the exam, it was discovered that I had some peripheral vision issues. After multiple tests with an opthamologist, including an MRI, it was determined that I have a benign tumor on my pituitary gland about 3 cm in diameter (pituitary adenoma for you google junkies) that has to be removed!
So, today I found out that I have been scheduled to have neurosurgery on May 3, 2012. I will be at St. Joseph Hospital, here in Denver. I will be in ICU for a day or two and then home a day or two later. My recovery time will be about four weeks, so with prayer and patience, I hope to be heading to Belize the second week of June.
So, timing!! I am praying that God will help me deal with the disappointment and continue to help me to stay focused on the end result. Knowing that God's timing is perfect, I am aware that there is a purpose in all of this. I am thankful that this was all discovered before I got down to Belize and have some work that I can accomplish from Denver to continue to get ready.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!
Marti
Thinking of you Sis!! :-) Love ya, Kelly
ReplyDeleteLove you my friend. Your dream just had a little burp. You will get there.
ReplyDeletepraying for you gal, happy we get to see you before you go, we are back May 7th. love!!
ReplyDeleteWe are standing with you dear friend. God is in control and we are trusting Him with your surgery, departure timing, etc. Love you! Peggy
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about all of this! I believe that everything happens for a reason though, even if we don't have a CLUE why at the time. All of our questions will be answered later :) Love the comparison "Anonymous." :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad that this was discovered before you went. You will be in good hands at St. Joseph's and you will be well taken care of by all of those who love and care for you!
ReplyDeleteMary W.D.
Marti, you know I believe God is in control of our lives. This delay is in His will. I pray that your surgery will go smoothly. Let me know if you want me to come and take care of you when you get home. I hope to get to the hospital to visit if you are allowed visitors.
ReplyDeleteI love you my dear friend. God bless you.
Denice
If I know you Marti, the wait for surgery and the wait to begin your work in Belize is making you antsy. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you caught this before leaving the country, too. I am very thankful for the quality of medical attention that we have here. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress both medically and in your Belize endeavor.
Regina Martinez